Holiday Road Trip Checklist For Your Car
It is important to have your vehicle checked over before taking that road trip during the holidays.
Checks you can easily do yourself include:
- Tyre pressures. Follow the manufacturer’s spec for the correct pressures.
- Tyre tread depths. If they are getting close to the minimum mark, consider having them replaced before you go. Finding the right replacement tyre for your vehicle may be difficult in remote areas. Plus, you don’t want to spend your holiday shopping for tyres.
- Spare tyre. Make sure you have one in the vehicle that will get you out of trouble.
- Tyre changing kit. Make sure this is also in the vehicle and learn how to use it.
- Oil, coolant, brake fluid level. If you have been topping up any of these fluids more frequently than usual, now is the time to bring the car in to Platinum Automotive Care for an inspection.
- Lights, especially the headlamp & high beam, as these will help you navigate in the dark.
- Windscreen washer fluid level. You need to be able to wash the windscreen when needed to assist with visibility whilst driving.
- Windscreen wipers. Again, it is important to keep your visibility clear at all times, a good working pair of wipers will be your saviour in the rain.
- Clean windscreen. A clear windscreen is imperative if you are going to be driving during dawn, dusk, and at night, when the glare is strong from the sun or the oncoming traffic.
Even if you are not going for that long drive, it is still good practice to do these checks yourself regularly. As the 12 month service interval is becoming more and more common amongst all makes and models, it can be a long wait before your car is looked at again by a technician.
Keep yourself safe on the roads. Stay alert and take regular short breaks.
If you need any assistance, just give Platinum Automotive Care a call on (02)93168382.